- UX Guardian with 18+ years of front-end dev and UX/UI design experience
- Intersector of interface (UX design) and implementation (code)
Skills + Tools
Clique Media Group
- College Fashionista site redesign implementation (WordPress theme + custom features)
- UX and Front-end dev on real-time, interactive fashion show (runway.whowhatwear.com)
- Front-end dev on new lifestyle media blog (thethirty.byrdie.com)
- Content modeling of article types for site and CMS redesign including introducing a weighted point system for articles and the module within
- Lead front-end dev and UI designer for responsive shopping experience and accompanying blog. Instrumental in connecting brand to technology while guiding product direction. [#1 in mobile ecommerce experience study (2014)]
- Transitioned site from externally hosted services to fully responsive in-house platform.
- UX guardian supporting biz and merch needs while ensuring optimal user experience. Sample features: lookbooks, Q&A/ratings/reviews, marketing landing pages, product favoriting, account/profile, checkout, more. NO BS.
- Established style guide and interface library (site experience, email templates) to ensure consistent design, enable rabid prototyping/development of new features, and keep stock of design patterns.
- Integrated Contentful, API-first CMS, to manage page layouts [Contentful blog guest post (2014)], control site features [Case study (2014)], and ultimately empower merch and editorial teams.
- Improved email production workflow by helping define templated layouts and implementing custom email template tool.
- Built custom WordPress theme for Nasty Gal blog to align with refreshed branding, add responsive support, and empower growing editorial team: blog.nastygal.com
- Took intiative to design and develop next gen, mobile-first checkout experience from prototyping, development, and user testing.
- Continuous site performance and user interaction monitoring to ensure optimal site experience.
- Redesigned legacy website which revamped of entire site UX including event creation experience, guest RSVP experience, and post-event experience.
- Lead effort in developing event engagement features such as a conversation feed, polls, questionnaire, and photo sharing.
E! Online (Comcast Entertainment Group)
eonline.com, mystyle.com(offline), fearnet.com(offline)
- Lead front-end developer on all customer-facing content sites for E! Online, Style Network/MyStyle, and FearNet.
- Lead implementation of Jive Forums.
- Established very early Twitter integration during Twitter's infancy.
- Hosted internal monthly front-end discussion groups.
- Co-founded music blog before the widespread adoption of blogging as a content platform (back when WordPress was b2!).
- Responsible for all technology and design, plus shared editorial duties.
University of California, Irvine
| 1994 - 1999
- Studied Sociology and Computer Science which is an accurate intersection of my interests and expertise.