- UX Designer and Developer with over 18 years of front-end development experience and over 5 years of UX and UI design experience.
- Specializing in intersecting interface (design, brand, user experience) and implementation (code, architecture, scaling).
Clique Media Group
| Principal Developer, Web User Experience
| Los Angeles (11/2016 - Present)
- College Fashionista site redesign implementation (WordPress theme + custom features).
- Front-end development on live, interactive, streaming fashion show (runway.whowhatwear.com) and new lifestyle media property (thethirty.byrdie.com).
- Content modeling of article types for site and CMS redesign including introducing a weighted point system for articles and the module within.
- Lead education effort to promote understanding of web best practices resulting in improving UX and simplifying implementation.
- Lead front-end developer and UI designer for ecommerce shopping experience and blog. Instrumental in connecting brand to technology while guiding product direction. Responsive, responsive, responsive. [#1 in mobile ecommerce experience study (2014)]
- Transitioned ecommerce site from externally hosted services (desktop and m dot mobile sites) to fully responsive in-house technology platform.
- UX guardian supporting business and merchandising needs while ensuring optimal user experience. Features include lookbooks, Q&A/ratings/reviews, marketing pages, product favoriting, account, checkout, more. NO BS.
- Established style guide and interface library (site experience, email templates) to ensure consistent design and enable rabid prototyping/development of new features.
- Integrated Contentful, API-first CMS, to power page layout creation [Contentful blog guest post (2014)], control site features [Case study (2014)], and ultimately empower merchandising and editorial teams.
- Improved email production process by defining templated layouts across all email types (broadcast, triggered, and transactional), and implemented custom email template tool to speed up workflow and ensured robust layouts that aligned with the email style guide.
- Built custom WordPress theme for company blog to align with refreshed branding and add responsive support: blog.nastygal.com
- Spearheaded next generation, mobile-first checkout experience from prototyping, development, and user testing.
- Continuous site performance and user interaction monitoring to ensure optimal site experience.
| Senior Web Developer
| West Hollywood (5/2009 - 8/2012)
- Modernized legacy website including revamp of entire UI/UX which included event creation experience and guest RSVP experience.
- Lead effort in developing event engagement features such as a conversation feed, polls, questionaire, and photo sharing.
E! Online (Comcast Entertainment Group)
- Lead front-end developer on all customer-facing content sites for E! Online, Style Network/MyStyle, and FearNet.
- Lead implementation of Jive Forums.
- Established very early Twitter integration during Twitter’s infancy.
- Hosted monthly front-end discussion groups.
| Los Angeles (7/2002 - Present)
| Sites: apeshit.org
- Co-founded music blog before the widespread adoption of blogging as a content platform (back when WordPress was b2!).
- Responsible for all technology and design, plus shared editorial duties.
University of California, Irvine
| 1994 - 1999
- Studied Sociology and Computer Science which is an accurate intersection of my interests and expertise.
- e*star LA: food and lifestyle blog
LA 2 Ojai: music festival site (offline)
- Disaster Craft: personal visual art creations