I am a classic* Front-End Web Developer and extremely online person with near 20 years of experience building websites. I am naturally half creative, half technical, and enjoy thinking about the intersection of interface and implementation. Though my background is based on doing a code, my ultimate values are helping teams solve problems both customer-facing (the stuff that appears in the web browser) and behind the scenes (how that stuff gets into the web browser). I consider myself a UX practitioner and strive to build responsibly, which means focusing on progressive enhancement, accessibility, web performance, and related user-centric considerations. Let’s work together.
*I am not a Full-Stack Developer (important distinction).
- Considerations: Web Standards, Responsive Design, Semantic Markup, Progressive Enhancement, Accessibility, SEO, Web Performance
- Frameworks/Libraries: jQuery, React, Vue.js, Hugo
- Tools/Platforms: Shopify, WordPress, Contentful, Forestry, Netlify, npm, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, MJML
- Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- Specializations: Content, media, blogs, e-commerce, e-mail, interal tools
Creative Technologist / Web Consultant
(2000 - Present)
- Front-End web development, UX/UI design, and product strategy.
- Clients: Girlboss, BRUD, Screaming Door Studios
- Past: APESHIT, LA2Ojai, E*StarLA
Technical Co-Founder (6/2018 - Present)
- ITK is a curated events listing site covering events in Los Angeles ranging from music and comedy to art, pop-ups, and more. We cover unique events that don’t typically have a lot of visibility. I am the Technical Co-Founder.
- All site development including CMS, continuous integration, site search, daily email newsletter of events roundup, SEO, responsive design, and more.
- All design and branding.
- I also contribute to event curation!
Lead Front-End UX Developer (1/2018 - 6/2018)
- Shopify theme development and management.
- UI design (responsive nav redesign, unify site style guide and design system, architect modular landing page system).
- UX (including managing A/B tests, real user monitoring, collab with Customer Service team to gather and analyze user feedback).
Clique Media Group
Principal Developer, Web User Experience (11/2016 - 1/2018)
- College Fashionista site redesign implementation (WordPress theme + custom features).
- UX and Front-end dev on interactive, real-time fashion show (runway.whowhatwear.com).
- Front-end dev on new lifestyle media blog (thethirty.byrdie.com).
- Content modeling of article types for site and CMS redesign including introduction of a weighted point system for modules within pages/articles.
UX Developer (8/2012 - 11/2016)
- Lead front-end/UI dev responsible for responsive shopping experience. Instrumental in connecting brand to technology while guiding product direction. #1 in mobile ecommerce experience study (2014)
- Transitioned site from externally hosted services onto in-house technology platform.
- Built out product features supporting business and merchandising needs while upholding user experience. Some features include lookbooks, Q&A/ratings/reviews, marketing landing pages system, product favoriting, account/profile, checkout, more.
- Established style guide and interface library (site experience, email templates) to ensure consistent design, enable rabid prototyping/development of new features, and keep stock of design patterns.
- Integrated Contentful CMS to manage page layouts Contentful blog guest post (2014), control site features Case study (2014), and empower merch and editorial teams.
- Improved email production workflow by helping define templated layouts and implementing custom email template tool.
- Built custom WordPress theme for Nasty Gal blog to align with refreshed branding, add responsive support, and empower growing editorial team: blog.nastygal.com
- Took intiative to design and develop next gen, mobile-first checkout experience from prototyping, development, and user testing.
- Continuous site performance and user interaction monitoring to ensure optimal site experience.
Senior Web Developer (5/2009 - 8/2012)
- Modernized legacy website including revamp of entire UI/UX which included event creation experience and guest RSVP experience.
- Lead effort in developing event engagement features such as a conversation feed, polls, questionaire, and photo sharing.
Web Developer III (9/2001 - 5/2009)
- Lead front-end developer on all customer-facing content properties (E! Online, Style Network/MyStyle, and FearNet).
- Lead implementation of community forums (Jive Software).
- Established initial Twitter integration during Twitter’s infancy.
- Hosted monthly, internal front-end discussion groups about best practices and encourage consistency across ever-growing teams.
UC Irvine (1994 - 1999)
- BA, Sociology
- Minor, Information & Computer Science